Monday, January 3, 2011

Trying to soak it all in

As I put another year in the rear view mirror behind me and look ahead into 2011, there are many things I want to remember about 2010.  Mostly, the little things that Ava and Tyler do each day that make my heart melt.  There are certainly many very tiring days...but these little gestures certainly make up for.
  • Ava out of the blue looking at me and saying "mommy you are my best friend in the whole world"
  • Looking back in the car and seeing Ava and Tyler hold hands
  • How much of a snuggler Bubba is.  When you pick him up out of his crib he just melts right into your arms with his head on your shoulder.  And he does the same hug when you sing him his songs before bed. Best part of my day.
  • His infectious smile and belly laugh.

  • How he chants "tuh-bee" every night when we go upstairs for baths.
  • When Ava is stalling from going to bed and she asks "Mama, will you snuggle with me"
  • How Tyler moves at 100mph all.day.long.  But when you go to put him to bed, he belly flops in his crib, hugs his Shamu and doesn't move a muscle. 
  • The pitter patter of Ava's running feet as she heads to the back door when Daddy gets home.
  • Tyler's first steps

    • When Ava wakes up in the morning you hear "Dadddddyyyy, I'm up!"
    • Ava's beautiful blonde curly hair
    • How Ava sings the theme songs to all the cartoons (Wonder Pets, Dora, Diego, Backyardigans)
    • Ava's excitement at the "yipee" part in the Rudolph song
    I know 2011 will bring even more memories to cherish, but I still just want to hold onto these ones for a little longer.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment